April is National Autism Awareness Month!
Autism Speaks was founded in February 2005 by Bob and Suzanne Wright, grandparents of a child with autism. Their longtime friend Bernie Marcus donated $25 million to fund the organization. Autism Speaks has grown into the nation’s largest autism science and advocacy organization, dedicated to funding research into Autism’s causes, prevention and treatments and finding a cure; increasing awareness of autism spectrum disorders; and advocating for the needs of individuals with autism and their families. According to the CDC, around one in 88 American children is on the autism spectrum, a tenfold increase in 40 years.
Help us spread the word and support Autism Speaks! During the month of April, we will randomly select an individual who shares this post on Facebook or Retweets the post on Twitter to support Autism Speaks!
We will announce the winner on Monday, April 29th!!
Spread the Cause! Win a BowTie!
- one-servant-of-many reblogged this from goldenheartedrose and added:
- jessalopod likes this
- saruto likes this
- kattheghosthunter reblogged this from goldenheartedrose
- fantasticalchemy reblogged this from goldenheartedrose
- iwilleatyourenglish reblogged this from embracing-the-shadow
- embracing-the-shadow reblogged this from felodrassil and added:
- bloodfestbutterfly likes this
- basicallykerry reblogged this from goldenheartedrose
- neuradaceae likes this
- princessmccormick likes this
- soldrbarnes reblogged this from codexana
- felodrassil reblogged this from goldenheartedrose and added:
- codexana reblogged this from goldenheartedrose and added:
- codexana likes this
- codeawayhaley reblogged this from goldenheartedrose and added:
- turbulentbeauty likes this
- tahquitz reblogged this from one-servant-of-many
- tahquitz likes this
- team-magma-chase reblogged this from one-servant-of-many
- strawberrydreambaby likes this
- bowtiecause posted this